Even though Garcinia Cambogia has originated from Indonesia, it was more popularized in different parts of India where it was used in various ways. The tree can be found in forests which has mostly wet and moist environments. The plant is considered to be part of an endangered species of a family of fruit-bearing trees where the fruit mangosteen also belongs to. It is commonly known in different names such as Gambogee, Brindleberry, and Uppagi among the other names that it was known for.
The Garcinia Cambogia extract is known to contain hydroxycitric acid or HCA which is a type of acid known to aid in weight loss. There are a lot of different known uses of this plant, below are some of them:
- The branches of the tree are being used as dye.
- Its fruit is being dried and later on pulverized which is often used as an ingredient in different types of cooking. It is also a main ingredient that is being used for curry.
- It is used as an ingredient for the preservation of fishes which is one of the main industries that provides income to certain parts of Southeast Asian regions.
- It is known as one of the main ingredients in weight loss supplements and is known to aid in appetite suppression, fat burning and lipid inhibition.
- It is used to treat different types of ailments including: hemorrhoids, gastric ulcer, tumors, intestinal parasites, constipation, diarrhoea and other illnesses related to our digestive system.
- It is used as a laxative for those who are having issues with their stool
- It is used as purgative which aids in killing the different types of intestinal parasites in the body
Different tests were made on Garnicia Cambogia proving its safety and of it on being non-toxic. Researches were also made which came to the conclusion that the plant does not hinder with the nutrient metabolism, biochemical process, energy production or even prostaglandin synthesis.
Garcinia Cambogia extract being known as an appetite suppressor is most commonly seen as a main ingredient in different herbal supplements aiding in a person’s shedding of the extra fats and pounds in their body. It has the ability of preventing new fats from forming in the body which is often caused by eating of carbohydrates and sweets.
It also controls the person’s eating habits since it has a way of communicating with our brain and telling it that it is not yet time to eat. In the long run, it may also stop the person using it for a long time from craving for foods that are rich in sweets and carbohydrates.
The different dietary supplement that contains this extract comes in different forms such as capsules, tablets, and snack bars. Even if this is a plant, there are still some known precautions that need to be taken into consideration when taking any products that contain this as there are some conditions that are not allowed for these supplements to be taken.