- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with GudHealthTips.com. While you can browse some sections of our site without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration.
- Use of Demographic and Profile Data
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our website.
We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. GudHealthTips.com places both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
- Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to: help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
- Links to Other Sites
Our site links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. GudHealthTips.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
- Security Precautions
Our site has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
Users Outside of the United States
Your Rights about Your Personal Data Under GDPR and/or UK GDPR: Subject to the applicable provision of the GDPR and/or UK GDPR, you have the following rights concerning your Personal Information:
- Right of access (commonly known as a “data subject access request”): If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information along with specific other details. We may charge a reasonable fee if you require additional copies.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to erase your Personal Information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it, or you withdraw your consent (where applicable), and there is no other legal basis for processing.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if you contest its accuracy or object to us processing it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and if the processing is automated.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so:
- (a) if we are relying on a legitimate interest (described above) to process your Personal Information unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your information is needed to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- (b) we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing and, in such case, we may keep minimum information about you (for example, in a suppression list) as necessary for our and your legitimate interest to ensure your opt-out choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your information that has already taken place.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns (in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR and/or the UK GDPR, please send us your request on the “Contact Us” page.
Your Rights about Your Personal Data if You Are a Resident of Canada: We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your Personal Information for a particular purpose or in situations where your authorization can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time. In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way,
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention;
- For business transactions, provided certain conditions are met;
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim;
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin;
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or maybe a victim of financial abuse,
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is suitable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or an infringement of the laws of Canada or a province,
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records;
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession, and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced;
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes; or
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations.
For any query related to the website contact me at the Contact us page.