Without Exercising, Lose 15 Pounds In A Month – Do you want to know how to lose 15 pounds in a month? While quick weight loss is conceivable, it is rarely safe or permanent. To put it another way, just because you can drop 15 pounds in a month doesn’t necessarily imply you should.
Weight loss is a problem that many individuals face all around the world. To lose weight efficiently, you must be willing to make dietary modifications and develop a pleasurable and effective fitness regimen.
Recommended: 14 Day Keto Diet Plan Free for Beginners
How to Lose 15 Pounds In A Month?
Instead, focus on creating long-term, good behaviours that will help you achieve your weight-loss goals. Here’s everything you need to know about losing 15 pounds in a month, including why it’s a bad idea and how to lose weight healthily.
These are the Factors:
1. They do not have access to a gym and do not incorporate home workouts into their programme.
2. Some folks are overworked and unable to fit in workouts.
3. Illnesses or injuries that prevent people from exercising.
If you fall into any of these categories, here are some dietary changes you may adopt to aid your ‘how to lose 15 pounds in a month’ strategy.
• Keep Track of Your Calories
For some people, counting calories is a vital first step in their weight loss journey. This is because you should consume at a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories per day to achieve your weight objectives. Many factors influence the number of calories consumed per day, including age, current weight, lifestyle, and height.
When estimating how much energy you require, keep in mind that calorie consumption for women should not dip below 1,200 calories per day and for men should not fall below 1,500 calories per day unless under the supervision of a health professional. Calorie counting by hand might be difficult; instead, utilise calorie tracking apps to keep track of how much food you need and have ingested during the day.
• Limit Your Consumption Of Simple Carbohydrates
Refined carbohydrates are another name for simple carbohydrates. Candy, sugary drinks, syrups, table sugar, fruit juice concentrate, and products with added sugar, such as baked goods and some cereals, are examples of these.
Such meals are discouraged when it comes to weight loss since they are not only heavy in calories and low in nutrients, but they are also digested and absorbed too fast in the body, causing blood sugar spikes and increased hunger.
• Increase your intake of complex carbohydrates.
Whole grains, such as whole wheat flour, bulgur (cracked wheat), oatmeal, whole cornmeal, and brown rice, are complex carbohydrates. They’re high in fibre and other essential minerals, including B vitamins, iron, folate, selenium, potassium, and magnesium.
Whole grains are fantastic if you’re aiming to lose 15 pounds in a month since they’re high in fibre, which means they take longer to digest, reduce the quantity of calories retained after digestion, and speed up your metabolism.
• Make Better Beverage Selections
Sugar is abundant in sodas, fruit juices, and energy drinks, which will sabotage your weight loss efforts. Choose water, unsweetened coffee and tea, or vegetable juices instead.
• Increase Your Water Consumption
Drinking more water is one of the things that many people will encourage you to do while you’re attempting to lose weight. Water can help you lose weight for a variety of reasons, including:
It’s a natural appetite reducer, for starters. In controlled research conducted in 2008, consuming 500 mL of water lowered calorie intake by around 13%.
2. It boosts your resting metabolic rate, which is the total number of calories burned while your body is at rest. In a 2003 study, it was discovered that consuming 500 mL of water raised metabolic rate by 30% in just 10 minutes. It took 30 to 40 minutes for the impact to wear off.
3. It aids in the burning of fat and the metabolization of carbohydrates in the body.
• Make Intuitive Eating a Habit
Breaking out from the on-again, off-again pattern of dieting and learning to eat consciously and guilt-free is what intuitive eating entails. This eating plan’s principles include eating when you’re hungry, quitting when you’re full, and eating nutritious meals.
• Increase your intake of foods high in fibre.
A high-fibre diet can help you lose weight because it keeps you fuller for longer, preventing you from overeating and exceeding your daily calorie limit. This diet also aids in the reduction of cholesterol levels, the regulation of bowel motions, and the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
• Increase your intake of protein-rich foods
Protein boosts your metabolism, suppresses your appetite, and keeps you fuller for longer, all of which can help you lose weight. Eggs, lean meats, and plant-based sources including legumes, soybeans, and lentils are all good sources of protein.
• Consume More Vegetables
Vegetables should be high on your list of things to consume if you’re looking for a way to lose 15 pounds in a month. They are high in micronutrients and low in calories, making them beneficial to your health. This means you can eat more vegetables without worrying about your calorie intake being thrown off.
Collard greens, kale, bok choy, spinach, Romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, and cabbage, as well as cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts, should all be consumed. Sweet potatoes, carrots, corn, beets, plantains, butternut squash, and yams are examples of starchy carbs that should be consumed in moderation because they are high in calories and carbohydrates.
• Watch Your Portion Size
Portion control is a wonderful technique to keep track of how many calories you consume throughout the day. To fool your brain with an optical illusion, eat on a smaller dish!
Read Also: How to Get Thicker Thighs with Easy Exercises & Diet
How To Exercise To Lose 15 Pounds In A Month
Diet and exercise should be a part of your daily routine if you want to lose 15 pounds in a month. When it comes to exercise, you don’t have to go to the gym; there are numerous routines that can be done outside or at home. Here are some points to consider if you’re looking for easy yet effective workout tips to help you lose 15 pounds in a month.
Increase your cardio activity.
Cardio exercises are the foundation of any weight-loss programme. Cardiovascular workouts can help you lose weight in addition to helping you lose weight.
1. Make your heart and muscles stronger.
2. Assist you in regulating your hunger.
3. Increase your bone density.
4. Increase your mood by releasing endorphins.
5. Assist you in getting a better night’s sleep.
6. Assist in the prevention or management of high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers.
Include the following aerobic activities in your ‘how to lose 15 pounds in a month fitness regimen.’
This is one of the most popular methods for helping people reduce weight. Running at 5 mph burns 240 calories for someone weighing 125 pounds and 355 calories for someone weighing 185 pounds. The more calories you burn, the faster you run. Cross country running can burn anything from 270 to 400 calories in just 30 minutes.
Skipping rope is a great method to get your heart rate up before doing more strenuous exercises. This simple exercise, however, can be performed as a comprehensive workout to help you lose weight if the intensity is raised. According to Harvard Medical School, jumping rope for 30 minutes can burn 300 to 444 calories, depending on your weight.
Many people have begun to use boxing as a means of losing weight and toning their muscles. Kickboxing improves your balance, strengthens your core, and is a wonderful way to let off steam. Women who want to lose 15 pounds in a month can try this workout, as a one-hour kickboxing class can burn 350 to 450 calories.
Getting on your bike and going for a ride is an excellent approach to lose 15 pounds in a month. The quantity of calories you burn is influenced by your weight, as it is with all workouts. The more weight you drop, the more calories you’ll burn. You should also keep in mind that the faster you bike, the more calories you burn. Cycling at a speed of 12 to 13.9 miles per hour, for example, burns 596 calories for a 155-pound person. The same person would burn 744 calories if they increased their speed from 14 to 15.9 miles per hour.
For many people, going for a swim is one of the most simple ways to lose 15 pounds in a month. This is because it is a pretty safe workout that is suitable for most people, including older people, people with bad knees and other problems, healthy persons, and so on.
In 30 minutes, swimming laps or strenuously, or using strokes like the breaststroke, butterfly, or crawl, would burn between 300 and 488 calories. In the same length of time, general swimming burns 180 to 266 calories, while the backstroke burns 240 to 355 calories.
Include complex workouts in your workout.
Compound exercises, in contrast to isolation workouts, are a collection of exercises that target many muscle groups at the same time. Compound workouts help you grow muscle by burning more calories, and improving intramuscular coordination, strength, and flexibility. The following are some terrific compound workouts to incorporate into your training routine:
Take a Spiderman Walk
It’s also known as the spider crawl, and it’s a great workout for the shoulders, chest, and upper back, as well as the triceps, quads, calves, glutes, hamstrings, adductors, and abductors.
• Begin a plank posture on the floor with your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor, arms outstretched, shoulders directly over your hands, and legs behind you, feet hip-width apart.
• Drive your left foot’s toes into the ground. Raise the right foot off the floor and twist the leg outwards. Keep your back flat and bring your right knee to the outside of your right elbow by contracting your core and glute muscles. Squeeze your core muscles as your knee approaches your elbow.
• Extend your left arm in front of you, palm down on the ground, while your right knee approaches your right elbow.
• As you walk/crawl forward, alternate your bent knee and hand while remaining low to the ground.
• Repeat this technique, alternating right and left legs, until you’ve “walked” the distance you want.
• Decide how long you want to crawl and set a timer for it.
The pecs, deltoids, triceps, and core will all be targeted throughout this workout.
• On all fours, lie down on an exercise or gym mat with your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
• Extend your legs back until your weight is evenly distributed between your hands and toes. From head to toe, keep your body in a straight line. Sagging in the midsection or arching your back are also bad ideas.
• Brace your core by squeezing your abs and bringing your belly button toward your spine to strengthen your core.
• Slowly bend your elbows and lower yourself until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle while inhaling.
• Exhale as you compress your chest muscles and return to the starting posture through your hands. Keep your elbows slightly bent rather than locked out.
• For one set, repeat this 10 to 12 times.
If this is too difficult for you, do the push-ups on your knees instead of fully straightening your feet. You can also do an angled push-up by doing the same movement against a couch or table instead of going all the way to the floor.
Burpees are a full-body calisthenic exercise that works the arms, chest, quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and abs. They are excellent weight-loss exercises as well as muscle-building activities.
• Begin with your feet shoulder-width apart in a standing position.
• Squat down with your back straight and your hands between your feet on the floor.
• Kick your feet back with your weight on your hands, so you’re on your hands and toes and in a pushup position.
• Before springing your feet back to their starting position, do one push-up.
• Jump from this position by pushing hard and stretching your arms over your head.
Even gym veterans believe burpees to be a challenging workout. Here are some things you can do to make this workout easier if you’re a beginner:
1. Either skip the push-up or do it on your knees.
2. Rather than jumping, stand up and raise your arms in the air.
Climbers on Mount Everest
The deltoids, biceps, triceps, chest, obliques, core, quadriceps, hamstrings, and hip abductors will all benefit from this calisthenic workout.
• Start with your shoulders directly over your hands and wrists in a conventional plank position.
• Maintain a neutral spine by keeping your back flat and your butt down. Do not curve your back or droop your hips.
• Activate your core muscles and pull your right knee toward your elbow (or as far as possible). As you drive your left knee up toward your left elbow, return your right knee to its starting position.
• As you pick up the pace, return to the beginning position and continue switching legs. It should feel like you’re in a plank position jogging in place.
Lunges while walking
The leg muscles, as well as the core, hips, and glutes, are strengthened by walking lunges (and various lunge variations).
Standing with your feet around hip-distance apart is a good place to start. Look straight ahead while keeping your torso erect and tall, core engaged, shoulders back, and chin lifted.
• With your right foot, take a broad stride forward and plant it about two feet ahead, allowing your left heel to lift naturally as you move forward. As you take each step, keep your hands on your hips and your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle.
• Breathe in and bend both knees, dropping your back knee to the floor while keeping your core engaged and upright. Just before it lands, it comes to a halt.
• Exhale as you lift your left foot from the ground and swing it forward about two feet ahead of your right foot, pressing hard through your right heel and extending the right knee to rise to stand. As you take this step, avoid bending your torso forward from your hips.
• With each lunge, take another step forward, alternating sides. Set a timer for 5 to 10 minutes and perform this for that amount of time.
• On the final lunge, bring your back foot to meet your front foot to complete your set.
Combining cardio and strength training boosts the number of calories expended in a single workout session.
How To Lose 15 Pounds In A Month Of Belly Fat
As previously stated, one of the most significant things in decreasing stomach fat is to eat a better diet. If you want to lose 15 pounds in a month, however, you should include aerobic exercises and strength training sessions in your schedule. More than the cardio and compound exercises described above, there are a few other activities that can help you shed belly fat and tone your abs.
Compound exercises that target the love handles, glutes, legs, shoulders, and pecs include:
• Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and a kettlebell in each hand in front of your torso, arms straight.
• Hinge at your hips and swing the kettlebell back through your legs with a slight bend in your knees and a flat back.
• Stand and swing the kettlebell out in front of your body, up to shoulder height, using that momentum. As you stand up straight, thrust your hips forward and activate your glutes and core.
• Your knees should be straight, and your glutes clenched in a full hip extension when the kettlebell reaches shoulder height.
• Swing the kettlebell down through your legs again.
For anyone looking to shed 15 pounds of belly fat, these are some of the most popular routines.
• Lie down on the floor or on a bench on your back. Hook your feet under the couch or a large luggage by bending your knees. You could also ask someone to assist you by holding your feet.
• Place your hands on your neck’s sides or behind it. Make sure not to pull them on your neck if you opt to wear them behind your neck.
• Raise your body off the ground or a bench by bending your hips and waist.
• Return to the beginning posture by lowering your body.
• For one set, repeat this 10 to 15 times.
• Lie down on your back with your feet against a wall. Your hips and knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle. As indicated previously, tighten your abdominal muscles.
• Raise your head and shoulders off the floor, heading towards your knees, with your hands behind your head. Do not use your hand to assist in the lifting of your head.
• Stay in this position for three deep breaths before lowering yourself and repeating.
• Repeat 10–12 times for one set.
Cross your arms on your chest to avoid straining your neck or using your hands to lift your head. Take three deep breaths and hold them for three seconds.
• Begin by getting down on your hands and knees and pushing yourself up into a push-up plank position.
• Align wrists beneath shoulders while balancing on hands (or elbows) and toes (or knees). Make sure your back is straight, and your core and glutes are tight. Do not sag or curl your spine towards the floor.
• Tighten your abs, breathe normally, and hold this position for 10 seconds to a minute.
Balance on your elbows and knees for a simpler variant. To avoid harming yourself, work with the version that seems most natural to you.
Crunches on a Bicycle
• Lie flat on your back on the training mat with your fingertips at the back of your head.
• Tighten your core muscles and lift your shoulder blades off the ground by bringing your knees up to a 45-degree angle.
• Extend your right leg and turn your upper body to the left, bringing the right elbow near the left knee. Change sides and bring your left elbow up to your right knee. The name of the workout comes from this move.
• Repeat the pedalling motion ten to fifteen times more slowly.
It’s important to realise that you can’t reduce weight in your stomach by itself, and spot reduction is fiction. Training a certain portion of the body on a regular basis will not result in fat loss in that area. A clean, balanced diet, complex exercises, and the above-mentioned belly fat and toning routines are the keys to ‘how to lose 15 pounds of belly fat in a month.’
Working exercise helps you gain muscular mass, which aids in weight loss. This is because muscle burns more calories than fat because it has a higher metabolic rate. A pound of muscle consumes 50 calories each day, but a pound of fat burns only 20 calories.
How many Calories should I Consume Each Day if I want to Lose 15 Pounds in a Month?
There is no single number that everyone can eat per day to aid weight loss. Remember that a person’s age, sex, height, weight, and degree of physical activity all play a role in determining how many calories they require per day.
You must cut your daily caloric intake by 500 to 1,000 calories each day to lose weight (or 3500 to 7000 calories a week). This should result in a weekly weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds. The best approach to figure out how many calories you’ve burned in a month is to use a calorie-counting app.
Is It Safe To Lose 15 Pounds In A Month?
No, it’s not the case. If you’re trying to figure out how to lose 15 pounds in a month, it’s better if you lower the number or give yourself more time. Rapid weight loss is defined as losing 15 pounds in a month.
While it may help you fit into those snug jeans or dresses, it also has a number of negative side effects. Muscle loss, exhaustion, headaches, and dizziness are all transient side effects, as can constipation, mood changes, and menstruation irregularities in women. Gallstones, dehydration, and vitamin deficits are some of the life-threatening adverse effects of losing 15 pounds in a month.
Is It Really Possible To Lose 15 Pounds In A Month?
Yes, you can drop 15 pounds in a month if you work hard enough. This, however, would only be done in an unhealthy fashion on a very-low-calorie diet. Unless your doctor instructs you differently, such diets are not suggested. Even then, to avoid difficulties, you’d have to be placed under medical monitoring.
As a result, rather than pondering how to lose 15 pounds in a month, it’s best to concentrate on a smaller number: 1 to 2 pounds every week. This lower figure could be obtained by following a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
When it comes to weight loss, the topic of how to lose 15 pounds in a month should not be considered. This is an excessive amount of weight to lose in such a short period of time, and it could have life-threatening consequences.
The easiest thing to do is cut this figure down to something more achievable, like 4 to 8 pounds every month. With all of the preceding suggestions for dietary adjustments and activity, this lower number is more attainable. However, before implementing any of the suggestions, consult with a doctor or a dietician to confirm that the modifications will not have a negative impact on your health.
Must Read: Top 10 Tips To Make Your Diet Healthier In 2022: By Nutrition Experts